Hong Kong International Airport reports strong increase in 2007/08 profits
Airport Authority Hong Kong (AAHK) recently unveiled an 18% increase in net profit to USD291 million in the 12 months ended 31-Mar-08 – producing another healthy dividend for the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR) Government. Revenue rose 11%, primarily due to expanding air traffic and higher retail sales, meaning net margin rose to a very healthy 26.5% and operating margin improved slightly from 60% to 62% - a figure every airline serving Hong Kong could only dream of. [1575 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Master Plan 2030 to be commissioned
- T1 reconfiguration commences
- Further integration with Mainland airports essential
- AAHK to sell Islamic bond?
- Short-term issues cloud outlook - big reliance on Cathay's expansion
Graphs and data:
- Airport Authority Hong Kong financial highlights:12 month ended 31-Mar-08 results (USD mill)
- Hong Kong international capacity share (seats):Week commencing 07-Jul-08
- Hong Kong International Airport monthly passenger and freight growth:
% change year-on-year: Jan-07 to Jun-08
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.