Heavy first-half losses for Royal Jordanian Airlines
Royal Jordanian Airlines has not been able to escape the impact of the Arab Spring and higher oil prices, with the carrier reporting a loss of JOD39.2 million (USD55.3 million) for the first six months of the year, compared with a JOD7.7 million loss for the same period in 2010. [764 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Arab Spring and European debt crisis affect traffic and yields
- Fuel exceeds 40% of costs
Graphs and data:
- Royal Jordanian Airlines: Net profit/loss – 2001 to 1H2011
- Royal Jordanian revenue by region
- Royal Jordanian fuel costs: 2005 to 1H2011
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.