Garuda Indonesia plots a “Quantum Leap” into the future
Garuda has announced strategies for corporate development out to 2014, in a programme the carrier has dubbed the "Quantum Leap" – which includes a massive fleet rejuvenation and enhancement programme, from 61 aircraft to 116 aircraft (if all firm orders and options are taken up), an increase in frequencies from 1,700 to 3,000 per week on an enhanced route network. In 2009 alone, the airline plans to establish 18 new routes - of which it reports ten have already been started. [1593 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Back to Europe – at long last
- A lot of catching-up to do
- Profit performance is better than many others – and anticipated to soar
- Debt restructuring nearly completed, and part-privatisation is again on the agenda
- A purchase may be on the cards – ready made licences for the LCC subsidiary are needed
Graphs and data:
- Garuda Indonesia fleet in service and on order
- Garuda Indonesia fleet delivery schedule
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.