GACA committing to major upgrade of Saudi Arabia ATM systems
Saudi Arabia’s General Authority of Civil Aviation announced in early Feb-09 that it has commenced projects valued at approximately USD270 million to develop Air Traffic Management (ATM) and navigation/communication systems across the country. Saudi Arabia embarked on a thorough modernisation and upgrade of its ATM system in 2004, as part of broad moves to revitalise its national aviation sector. [783 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Conflict and resolution: restructuring Saudi Arabian airspace for 2020 and beyond
Graphs and data:
- Saudi Arabia largest domestic routes: 2007
- Saudi Arabia international passenger traffic by country: 2007
- Saudi Arabian airspace: baseline model
- Saudi Arabian airspace: mid-term model
- Saudi Arabian airspace: 2020 model
- Restricted areas identified for discussion
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.