Austria’s Vienna Airport (+0.9%) shares gained slightly on Thursday (14-Oct-2010). On the same day the airport reported a passenger traffic increase of 13.8% in Sep-2010:
- Passenger numbers: 1.9 million, +13.8%;
- Aircraft movements: 21,867, 3.8%;
- Air cargo: 24,727, +11.5%.
Meanwhile, Spain’s unlisted AENA reports passenger traffic up 5.6% - traffic highlights in Sep-2010:
- Passenger numbers: 18.9 million, +5.6%;
- Madrid-Barajas: 4.5 million, +4.6%;
- Barcelona: 2.8 million, +12.9%;
- Palma de Mallorca: 2.6 million, +4.7%;
- Malaga: 1.3 million, +8.6%;
- Aircraft movements: 191,023, -0.2%;
- Madrid-Barajas: 36,643, -1.0%;
- Barcelona: 25,159, +5.6%;
- Palma de Mallorca: 19,207, +1.3%;
- Malaga: 10,388, +5.9%;
- Air cargo:
- Madrid-Barajas: 29,150, +14.5%;
- Barcelona: 8,255, -7.8%.
See related CAPA profile: Traffic - Airports
Shares in Fraport rose +0.4%, outperforming a 0.2% gain by the DAX index as RBS increased its rating for the operator of Frankfurt Airport to "buy" from "hold" and increased its price target to EUR50 from EUR40. According to a Reuters report, Fraport has seen its share price gain 16.4% since the beginning of Aug-2010, outperforming the DAX which has gained 5% over the same period.
Autogrill SpA on the other hand ended two days of losses, rising 1.3% to EUR9.09. UniCredit Research also raised its price estimate to EUR9.60 from EUR9.20.
Selected airports daily share price movements (% change): 14-Oct-2010
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.