Germany’s Fraport, operator of Frankfurt Airport, reported stabilising traffic declines in Jul-2009 with passenger numbers down 3.3% and overall cargo volume declines in the single-digits. Its shares were virtually flat yesterday, closing up 0.1%. Aircraft movements at Frankfurt Airport deteriorated further, registering a 5.3% reduction, after a 4.6% fall in Jun-2009.
Fraport traffic highlights in Jul-2009:
- Passenger numbers: 7.7 million, -3.5% year-on-year;
- Frankfurt: 4.9 million, -3.3%:
- Cargo volume: 180,832 tonnes, -9.6%;
- Frankfurt: 159,446 tonnes, -10.4%;
- Aircraft movements: 64,003, -4.3%;
- Frankfurt: 40,462, -5.3%.
In the Asia Pacific region, shares in Chinese airports slumped yesterday, with all major airports in Shanghai, Shenzhen, Xiamen, Guangzhou and Beijing, caught up in the decline. The Shanghai stock market closed to its lowest level in four weeks.
- Passenger numbers: 580,539, +4.4% year-on-year;
Selected airports daily share price movements (% change): 12-Aug-09
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.