flydubai preparing for launch: recruits pilots and crew
flydubai announced it is on schedule to launch services in Jun-09, following the recruitment of pilots and crew in preparation for its launch. The carrier has recruited 61 captains and 18 first officers, as well as 80 cabin crew. flydubai’s first group of recruits, comprising 24 captains and 21 cabin crew, is currently undergoing training. [1013 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Confirms launch base at Dubai International
- To fly to five destinations in India
- UAE's LCC potential for growth
Graphs and data:
- flydubai expected delivery schedule (leased and ordered): 2009-2015 (as at Dec-08)
- FlyDubai B737NG
- India-Middle East seating capacity by carrier
- Air India Express services to Dubai: Mar-09
- B737NG range graph
- Middle East LCC fleet and expansion plans
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.