Etihad Airways flying above the storm. For how long?
Going from strength to strength on the peak Summer travel period, Etihad Airways reports it handled more than 616,000 passengers in Jul-2009, 9% more than the same time last year. The carrier had the busiest day in its history at the end of the month, handling more than 21,000 passengers on 31-Jul-2009. But, competition is set to intensify in short, medium and long-haul markets. [1426 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- New short-haul competition
- AirAsia X entering Abu Dhabi
- Hyderabad added as seventh Indian destination
- New codeshares
- Branching out: Etihad looks at hospitality
Graphs and data:
- Etihad Airways annual passenger traffic (millions): 2004 to 2009F
- Abu Dhabi International Airport weekly seating capacity
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.