easyJet to open London Southend base
easyJet, Europe’s second-largest LCC, has confirmed plans to launch a base at London Southend Airport in Apr-2012 in a major boost for the struggling facility. Southend has undergone a major capital investment programme over the past few years with a view to taking a larger slice of the scheduled London market. The strategy appears set to pay off. [980 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Stobart’s investment like it might pay off
- Some opposition to an enlarged role for Southend
- London-area airport capacity increasing
- No mention of Stansted impact
Graphs and data:
- London Southend Airport capacity (seats) per week, to/from, 13-Jun to 19-Jun-2011
- London Southend Airport top international routes (seats), 13-Jun to 19-Jun-2011
- London Stansted Airport capacity (seats) per week, to/from, 13-Jun to 19-Jun-2011
- London Stansted Airport top ten international routes (seats) per week, 13-Jun to 19-Jun-2011
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.