Dubai outpaces Singapore Changi in first quarter. Almost 1 million more pax at Dubai
Dubai International Airport (DIA) is the only one of the world's top ten airports to report positive growth in both 4Q2008 and 1Q2009, though growth rates have slowed dramatically. Dubai Airports reported a 2% year-on-year increase in passenger numbers in 1Q2009 to just over 9.5 million passengers. Despite the slowdown, DIA's throughput in 1Q09 outpaced rival Singapore Changi International Airport for the fourth time over the last eight quarters. [1481 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Continues to attract new airlines
- Concourse 3 construction project awarded to Al Jaber Engineering and Contracting
- Phase I opening of Al Maktoum International Airport confirmed for Jun-2010
- Investment sustained at Dubai Airport Free Zone
Graphs and data:
- Dubai International vs Singapore Changi passenger traffic: 1Q2007 to 1Q2009
- Difference in Dubai International vs Singapore Changi passenger numbers: 1Q2007 to 1Q2009
- Dubai International Airport frequency and capacity share: Top 10 airlines
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.