- Passenger numbers: 2.0 million, +12.3%;
- Domestic: 232,690, +20.4%;
- International: 1.8 million, +11.4%;
- Aircraft movements: 22,442, +6.8%.
Carsten Nørland, VP Sales of Copenhagen Airports, stated: “September was the fourth consecutive month of record-high passenger numbers, and after three months of summer with a clear majority of leisure passengers, September is typically a month when business travel picks up again after the holiday season. In our view the figures support that business passenger growth is continuing … The number of transfer passengers increased on a large number of routes, including Oslo and Stockholm, due both to our efforts to improve our transfer product and to the fact that SAS has again concentrated a large part of its traffic at Copenhagen Airport. Moreover, a number of northern European and Baltic destinations contributed substantial increases in the number of transfer passengers, all of which helps support our position as a northern European hub.”
Fraport (+0.1%) reported a group pax traffic increase of 12.3% for Sep-2010:
- Passenger numbers: 9.4 million, +12.3%;
- Aircraft movements: 74,314, +7.8%;
- Frankfurt: 41,613, +3.6%;
- Antalya: 18,477, +13.8%;
- Burgas: 2,215, stable;
- Lima: 10,325, +19.4%;
- Varna: 1,684, +0.5%;
- Air cargo: 218,144 tonnes, +15.5%;
- Frankfurt: 189,202, +15.0%;
- Antalya: n/a, n/a;
- Burgas: 597, +1009%
- Lima: 28,336, +16.0%;
- Varna: 9, -16.3%.
- Passenger numbers: 2.1 million, +8.1%;
- Aircraft movements: 20,186, +4.3%;
- Air cargo: 32,805 tonnes, +14.7%.
See related CAPA profile: Traffic - Airports
Zurich Airport also reported the following commercial developments in Sep-2010:
- Commercial revenue*: CHF41.1 million (EUR31 million), +7.0%;
- Airside: +5.6%;
- Landside: 8.8%;
- Revenue per departing passenger: CHF38.5, -1.0%;
- Airside: -2.3%;
- Landside: +0.7%.
* Based on the conversion rate EUR1 = CHF1.33265
See related CAPA profile: Financial results
Selected airports daily share price movements (% change): 12-Oct-2010
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.