Consolidation in Germany's LCC market
Lufthansa is moving to consolidate its position in the German and European market, as its strong pbalance sheet enables it to take advantage of the expected wave of consolidation in the European market. [2492 words]
Unlock the following contents in this report:
- Lufthansa active in current and expected consolidation wave
- Condor joins TUIfly and Germanwings tie-up talks
- Eurowings shareholder considering selling stake to Lufthansa
- TUI considering agreement with Air Berlin?
- Part II: Air Berlin Group
- Passenger numbers decline slightly in Aug-08
- To introduce savings at LTU unit
- Continues domestic expansion
- Part III: TUI Group
- Thomsonfly and First Choice Airways to adopt single brand name
Graphs and data:
- Lufthansa Group (possible consolidation opportunities in bold)
- German domestic/international capacity share (seats) by airline: Week commencing 15-Sep-08
- The Air Berlin group
- Air Berlin Group traffic highlights for Aug-08
- ‘Jump' programme six-module focus for current financial year
- Operating performance by business unit: 1H07 vs 1H08
- TUI Group
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.