Chinese aviation industry generates record profits in 2010. Golden era ahead?
Chinese airline profitability continued to soar in 2010 with CAAC stating the nation’s aviation industry reported a full year profit of USD6.6 billion (CNY43.7 billion), considerably ahead of previous forecasts of a USD4.5 billion (CNY30 billion) profit. This marks a threefold surge in profitability from 2009 levels to a record high.
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Profits to continue to flow in 2011
- China Eastern expects profit of USD817m in 2010; ten fold gain from 2009
- China Southern forecasts fifteen-fold increase in 2010 profits to USD810 mill
- Air China expects '200%' profit increase in 2010 to USD2.2bn
- Xiamen Airlines reports 24th consecutive year of profitability in 2010
- Rising importance of China
Graphs and data:
- CAAC financial/traffic highlights for 2010
- China Eastern Airlines’ profitability drivers in 2010
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.