China Southern’s “long period of hardship” sets in
China Southern Airlines Chairman Liu Shaoyong’s prediction in Aug-08 of a “long period of hardship” is in evidence in that month’s traffic data. Mr Liu stated that Chinese airlines are saddled with three major burdens; “insufficient market demand, fierce competition and high oil prices”. [393 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- New sales offices announced in key markets
Graphs and data:
- China Southern Airlines' passenger number growth vs cargo volume
growth: Jan-07 to Aug-08
- China Southern Airlines' passenger traffic (RPK) growth (% change year-on-year) : Jan-07 to Aug-08
- Airlines' passenger capacity (ASK) growth: (% change year-on-year) : Jan-07 to Aug-08
- China Southern Airlines' systemwide passenger load factor growth
(ppts change year-on-year): Jan-07 to Aug-08
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.