China Eastern Airlines’ shares rose 1.9% yesterday as the carrier revealed a 14.7% jump in Feb-2010 passenger numbers.
Traffic highlights, as reported in Asia Pacific Airline Daily, included:
- Passenger numbers: 3.7 million, +14.7% year-on-year;
- Domestic: 3.1 million, +10.1%;
- International: 454,630, +51.9%;
- Regional: 174,950, +25.9%;
- Passenger load factor: 75.6%, +3.5 ppts;
- Domestic: 76.4%, -0.8 ppt;
- International: 74.1%, +14.1 ppts;
- Regional: 73.2%, +9.0 ppts;
- Cargo volume: 73,790 tonnes, +27.4%.
Chinese shares rebounded on Tuesday, off five-week lows, on renewed confidence about the local housing market. Airline stocks also rose as oil prices eased below USD80 per barrel (although they have jumped back up overnight) and a stronger local currency. Hainan Airlines rose 2.1%, while Air China added 0.1%. China Southern eased 0.9%.
Asia Pacific selected airlines daily share price movements (% change): 16-Mar-2010
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.