Chicago to reignite Midway Airport privatisation? Who will bid?
Chicago City reportedly plans to complete Midway Airport’s privatisation by the end of 2010 after failing to do so in early 2009. The City has until 01-Feb-2010 to submit a new privatisation timeline to the FAA or it will lose its slot in the FAA’s pilot airport privatisation programme, one that is being filled up quickly with proposals from smaller airports. [2561 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Confidence grows out of London, St Petersburg deals
- Failure was a blow to Chicago’s budget
- The first difficult test of equity investor appetite for infrastructure assets in a post-leveraged world
- So what would a new, or previous, investor get for its money now?
- O’Hare’s expansion programme has a death wish
- Sister Act
- Who will bid for Midway?
- New Orleans, Puerto Rico and others press privatisation claims
- Airport giveaway
Graphs and data:
- Table: Chicago airport statistics, Nov-2009
- Chicago O’Hare Airport and Chicago Midway Airport passenger number growth: Nov-2008 to Nov-2009
- Chicago O’Hare Airport and Chicago Midway Airport cargo volume growth: Nov-08 to Nov-09
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.