Cathay sees “very weak” outlook for premium demand, “intensifying yield pressures” in Economy
Cathay Pacific reported just a 2.4% rise in passenger numbers in Jan-09, despite the early Chinese New Year, which brought forward the traditional travel peak. Passenger load factors eased again, by 2.8 ppts to 79.5%, as the airline expanded its capacity (ASKs) by 4.7% year-on-year. [810 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Cargo suffers as Mainland economy stalls
- "Doing what we can" to generate new revenue opportunities
- Cathay Pacific Summer schedule frequency enhancements:
- Lobbies for aviation's inclusion in new climate pact
Graphs and data:
- Cathay Pacific passenger number growth and cargo volume
growth: Feb-08 to Jan-09
- Cathay Pacific passenger capacity growth by region: Feb-08 to Jan-09
- Cathay Pacific passenger load factor by region: Feb-08 to Jan-09
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.