Ancillary revenues increasingly important in current difficult operating environment
In the current challenging operating environment, carriers worldwide are increasingly keeping an eye on the potential for new ancillary products and associated revenues. Such products provide a way for airlines to grow revenues by, in many cases, converting traditional cost centres into revenue items – or, as a minimum, recouping sunk costs related to the specific service provided. [1833 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- ... but many (network) carriers still making little progress in ancillary product development
- Innovation reaps greatest rewards
- Conclusion: Rapid increase in ancillary revenue focus and scope for further development
Graphs and data:
- Implementation of ancillary revenue strategies by airlines
- LCCs with Business-traveller focused products
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.