airberlin Group revenue rose 2% for the three months ended 31-Mar-2011, but its losses widened.
The group's financial highlights for the quarter were as follows:
- Revenue: EUR751.6 million, +2.0% year-on-year (On a pro forma basis with 1Q2010 results including NIKI, which was consolidated from 3Q2010);
- Operating costs: EUR941.6 million, +11.2%;
- Fuel: EUR195.5 million, +22.2%;
- Airport charges: EUR199.0 million, +5.4%;
- Labour: EUR113.0 million, -0.9%;
- EBITDAR (loss): (EUR25.7 million), compared with a profit of EUR40.2 million in p-c-p;
- EBITDA (loss): (EUR167.3 million), compared with a loss of EUR78.1 million in p-c-p;
- EBIT (loss): (EUR188.3 million), compared with a loss of EUR106.5 million in p-c-p;
- Net profit (loss): (EUR120.6 million), compared with a loss of EUR102.4 million in p-c-p;
- Passenger numbers: 6.9 million, +1.9%;
- Passenger load factor: 72.5%, -2.2 ppts;
- Total revenue per ASK: EUR 5.89 cents, -1.0%;
- Yield: EUR 7.17 cents, -3.1%;
- Total assets: EUR2592 million, +9.4% when compared with the period ended 31-Dec-2010;
- Cash and cash equivalents: EUR411.5 million, +0.1% when compared with the period ended 31-Dec-2010;
- Total liabilities: EUR2216 million, +18.8% when compared with the period ended 31-Dec-2010.
CEO Joachim Hunold said: "Since demand and bookings are showing a positive trend, we continue to anticipate higher revenue and a positive operating result for the 2011 business year, provided that the framework conditions do not further deteriorate. We expect a 4 to 5% increase in the number of passengers and a higher seat load factor."
Selected European daily share price movements (% change): 18-May-2011
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.