AirAsia’s operating profits up 328% in second quarter. Can the hot streak continue?
AirAsia, the world’s lowest cost airline, has unveiled a 328% increase in core operating profit to in the three months ended 30-Jun-2009, in one of the clearest endorsements to date of the benefits of the LCC model amid this deep economic downturn. [1220 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Rising non-fuel costs
- Solid ancillary revenue gains helps offset weak yields
- But how fare can ancillaries stretch? Cash conservation vital
- Outlook: Some clouds gathering
Graphs and data:
- AirAsia financial highlights for three months ended 30-Jun-2009
- AirAsia financial highlights for six months ended 30-Jun-2009
- AirAsia unit costs breakdown: 2Q2009
- AirAsia ancillary revenue growth and % of total revenue: 1Q2008 to 2Q2009
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.