Steven Udvar-Házy's Air Lease Corporation has been busily diversifying its client base announcing lease agreements for ten widebodies this week, to eight different customers on three separate continents.
ALCs A330-200, A330-300 and B777-300ER aircraft were placed as follows:
- Vietnam Airlines: Lease agreements through 2019 covering two new A330-200s delivering in Oct-2011 and Nov-2011;
- Sichuan Airlines: ALC acquired an A330-200 on lease to Sichuan Airlines through 2022;
- KLM: Lease agreement through 2020 for a new A330-300 scheduled for delivery in Feb-2012;
- Air France: Leased a B777-300ER through 2019; this follows a new B777-300ER leased to Air France by ALC which was delivered in Dec-2010;
- Alitalia: 12 year lease agreements for three new A330-200 aircraft delivering in Apr-2011, May-2011 and Sep-2011;
- Air Austral: Leased a new B777-300ER on lease through 2019;
- Hawaiian Airlines: Signed a 12 year lease for a new A330-200, delivering mid-2012;
- Air Canada: ALC acquired a B777-300ER on lease to Air Canada through 2021.
Selected leasing company share price movements (% change): 09-May-2011
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.