Air India's Chairman and Managing Director removed as crisis intensifies
Unhappy with the performance of state-owned and run carrier Air India, the Indian government has decided to replace the incumbent Chairman and Managing Director, Mr Raghu Menon, two years short of his official tenure. [1185 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Timing indicates serious concerns
- Will an official name change help the slow merger process?
- Fleet expands as performance falters
- India's airline outlook continues to be bleak - debt burden remains heavy
- But fares are slashed in a bid to boost market share and loads
Graphs and data:
- Air India passenger numbers and passenger number growth: Apr-08 to Mar-09
- Indian carriers domestic passenger load factors in Mar-09
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.