Air China - No more merger plans as uncertainty increases
Air China has made the rare and unexpected move of clarifying its stance on mergers and acquisitions, with new Chairman (Since Apr-08), Kong Dong, clarifying that the Beijing-based carrier has shelved its consolidation plans. [790 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Four new aircraft join the fleet in Aug-08
- Parent to buy more shares in Air China
- Outlook: Air China targets premium travellers as markets sour
Graphs and data:
- Air China's passenger numbers growth vs cargo volume growth: Sep-07 to Aug-08
- Air China's domestic vs international passenger numbers growth: Sep-07 to Aug-08
- Air China's domestic vs international passenger capacity (ASKs) growth: Sep-07 to Aug-08
- Air China's domestic vs international passenger load factor (%): Sep-07 to Aug-08
- Air China passenger load factor growth (ppts change year-on-year): Sep-07 to Aug-08
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.