Air Arabia: the most profitable airline in the world
The world’s most profitable airline is one of the world’s youngest. Air Arabia is bucking the trend of falling earnings amid surging fuel prices, revealing a 14% increase in net profit for the three months ended 30-Jun-08 to USD22.3 million, on a 34% lift in passenger numbers, producing an unrivalled a net margin of 16.8%. This is down from 25.2% in 2Q07, reflecting higher fuel costs. [872 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Passenger numbers up by a third
- Progressive fleet and network growth
- Offshore JVs stall, hopeful off better success with hotels
- Outlook: Sky's the limit
Graphs and data:
- Air Arabia financial & traffic highlights: Three months ended 30-Jun-08
- Air Arabia net profit vs net profit margin: 1Q07 to 2Q08
- Air Arabia passenger numbers vs passenger load factor: 2004 to 1H08
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.