A new airport for southern Poland?
While Warsaw, the capital, is Poland’s largest city with close to two million inhabitants, there is a huge population base of some four million in, between and around the cities of Krakow and Katowice in southern Poland, with twice as many in the surrounding region. In light of both airports experiencing problems, and the military conversion at Modlin Airport near Warsaw scheduled to open in 2012, a question that has been asked before is back in fashion: should there be a new airport in southern Poland too? [1555 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Warsaw not top dog
- Iceland says WOW to Krakow
- Seasoned travellers
- Goodbye Etiuda, you won’t be missed
- Longstanding issues
Graphs and data:
- Map of Poland and the New A4 Highway linking Southern Poland
- Krakow Balice Airport seat capacity by carrier: 12-Dec-2011 to 18-Dec-2011
- Katowice Pyrzowice Airport seat capacity by carrier: 12-Dec-2011 to 18-Dec-2011
Map of Katowice-Krakow catchment areas and possible site for new airport
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.