Wizz Air to expand Larnaca base with A320 and five new services
Wizz Air announced (24-Jun-2020) plans to station a third aircraft at the Larnaca base from 01-Aug-2020 and launch the following services:
- Eindhoven: Three times weekly from 01-Aug-2020;
- Prague: Twice weekly from 01-Aug-2020;
- Paris Beauvais: Four times weekly from 02-Aug-2020;
- Gdansk: Twice weekly from 02-Aug-2020;
- Heraklion: Three times weekly from 03-Aug-2020.
The carrier also plans to increase Athens frequency from nine to 12 times weekly. With the addition of the new services, Wizz Air will offer 36 routes to 20 countries from Larnaca. The carrier handled more than 2.5 million passengers on Larnaca routes since 2010. Wizz Air carried more than 800,000 passenger to and from Cyprus in 2019. [more - original PR]