Virgin Australia Holdings passenger numbers down 4.2% – traffic highlights for May-2013:
- Passenger numbers: 1.5 million, -4.2% year-on-year;
- Domestic: 1.3 million, -5.1%;
- International: 198,069, +2.9%;
- Load factor: 71%, -5.1 ppts;
- Domestic: 69.3%, -6.8 ppts;
- International: 73.8%, -2.2 ppts. [more – original PR]
Virgin Australia: “Domestic operations - Yield growth was positive for the third consecutive month, with growth of approximately 10% for the month of May 2013, compared to the prior corresponding period.1 The loads for the month of May were lower due to the continued focus on securing higher yielding passengers and the ongoing weak economic environment,” Source: Company statement, 05-Jul-2013.