US Airways Group reports (05-Sep-2012) the following consolidated traffic highlights in Aug-2012:
- Passenger numbers: 5.5 million, +5.1% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 86.9%, +0.1 ppt;
- Domestic: 88.2%, +1.4 ppts;
- Europe: 83.3%, -3.3 ppts;
- Latin America:85.4%, -1.7 ppts. [more – original PR]
US Airways: "Our August consolidated (mainline and Express) passenger revenue per available seat mile (PRASM) increased approximately one percent versus the same period last year. These results reflect difficult year-over-year comparisons resulting from the temporary expiration in August 2011 of certain Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) ticket taxes on domestic and international air travel.” Source: Company statement, 05-Sep-2012.