SWISS announced (02-Jul-2013) plans to expand its European network from Geneva in winter 2013/2014 with the launch of the following routes, as per a 02-Jul-2013 GDS timetable display - see Route Changes Table for more information:
- Geneva-Belgrade: Twice weekly service from 19-Dec-2013 using A320 equipment. Frequency to increase to three times weekly from 12-Apr-2014;
- Geneva-Gothenburg: Twice weekly service from 14-Dec-2013 to 29-Mar-2014 using A319 and A320 equipment;
- Geneva-London Gatwick: Three times weekly service from 14-Dec-2013 to 08-Mar-2014;
- Geneva-Marrakech: Twice weekly service from 01-Nov-2013 using A319 and A320 equipment;
- Geneva-Oslo: Three times weekly service from 14-Dec-2013 to 29-Mar-2014;
- Geneva-Stockholm Arlanda: Four times weekly from 15-Dec-2013 using A319 and A320 equipment.
The airline also plans to introduce a new fare system from Geneva from 01-Sep-2013 in an effort to more closely meet the needs of customers in western Switzerland and adjacent French border areas. Customers will be offered new 'Geneva Economy Flex' and 'Geneva Economy Light' fares from 01-Sep-2013 and are available for booking immediately. SWISS' expansion in Geneva will see the creation of 150 new flight attending jobs at a new local cabin crew base, with training to commence in Oct-2013. The airline has also hired additional business development and marketing communications personnel. [more - original PR] [more - original PR - French]