Southwest Airlines reports small 1Q2011 profit
Southwest Airlines reports the following financial highlights for the three months ended 31-Mar-2011
- Revenue: USD3103 million, +18% year-on-year
- Passenger: USD2939 million, +17.8%;
- Operating costs: USD2989 million, +16%;
- Fuel: USD1038 million, +26.4%;
- Operating income: USD114 million, +111.1%;
- EBIT: USD18 million, +5.9%;
- Net profit: USD5 million, -54.5%.
Southwest Airlines: “Based on bookings and revenue trends thus far, the company expects another solid unit revenue improvement in 2Q2011 even with the continuation of difficult year-over-year comparisons,” Company statement. Source: Southwest Airlines, 21-Apr-2011.