Southwest Airlines Co pax up 2%, PRASM up 2%-3% in Aug-2012
Southwest Airlines Co passenger numbers up 2% - traffic highlights for Aug-2012:
- Passenger numbers: 9.7 million, +2.0% year-on-year;
- Enplaned passengers: 12.0 million, +1.0%;
- Passenger load factor: 84.2%, +1.6ppts;
- Average sector length: 961, -1.9%;
- Number of flights: 117,129, -4.0%. [more - original PR]
Southwest Airlines Co: "For August 2012, passenger revenue per ASM (PRASM) is estimated to have increased in the two to three percent range as compared to August 2011." Source: Company statement, 07-Sep-2012.