South Korea’s Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs reported international passenger numbers on air services rose 8.4% year-on-year to 3.3 million in Feb-2011, the highest figure for the month on record (CAAC-News, 15-Mar-2011). Details include:
- Passenger numbers:
- Domestic: 1.4 million, -0.8% year-on-year;
- International: 3.3 million, +8.4%;
- Cargo volume: 262,000 tonnes, -3.1%;
- Domestic: 20,000 tonnes, -10.9%;
- International: 242,000 tonnes, -2.3%.
The ministry also stated preliminary passenger and cargo figures for Mar-2011 show a slight decline in year-on-year growth due to increased fuel surcharges and a decline in consumer confidence.