Ryanair announced (25-Oct-2013) it will introduce the following changes before the end of Mar-2014:
- The “Recaptcha” security code will be removed from the carrier's website for individual bookings on 01-Nov-2013;
- Customers booking directly on the Ryanair.com website from 01-Nov-2013 will be given a 24 hour grace period from the time of their original booking, to correct any minor errors (i.e. spelling, names, routings) made in their original booking;
- Ryanair will operate 'quiet flights' from 01-Nov-2013, prior to 08:00 and after 21:00. During these 'quiet flight' periods no PA’s will be made on board other than required safety announcements. The carrier will also dim the lights during these services;
- The carrier will allow passengers to travel with a second carry-on bag no larger than 35x20x20cms from 01-Dec-2013,
- Ryanair’s boarding card reissue fee will be cut from EUR70/GBP70 to EUR15/GBP15 from 01-Dec-2013, for passengers who have already checked in online. Passengers failing to check-in online will continue to pay a EUR70/GBP70 airport check-in fee;
- The carrier's standard airport bag fees will be cut from EUR60/GBP60 to EUR30/GBP30 at the bag drop desk from 05-Jan-2014, and from EUR60/GBP60 to EUR50/GBP50 at the boarding gate.
Ryanair CEO Michael O'Leary said: "As we implement our plans to grow from 80m to over 110m customer p.a. over the next 5 years, we are actively listening and responding to our customers so that they can continue to expect low fares and on-time flights on Ryanair, but will now enjoy easier website access, 24 hour grace periods, a 2nd small carry-on bag, reduced airport bag fees and quiet flights." Ryanair director of customer service Caroline Green added: "These are the first in a series of customer service improvements which Ryanair is actively working on to make our low fare services easier to access and even more enjoyable for our millions of customers. As some of these policy changes will require website changes and handling staff retraining, we will be rolling them out over the next few months." [more - original PR] [more - original PR - Spanish]