US' City and County of San Francisco Airport Commission awarded (11-Jul-2013) T1 Partners, a JV in which Parsons is the managing partner, a USD2 billion contract to provide programme management services for the terminal 1 redevelopment programme at San Francisco International Airport (SFO). Under the 10-year programme, T1 Partners will deliver programme management, planning, design management, and construction support services. The programme consists of renovating terminal 1 as well as demolishing and replacing boarding area B. Improvements will include:
- 18 to 24 new aircraft gates;
- New consolidated passenger-screening checkpoints;
- New airline ticket counters;
- New concession facilities;
- A new consolidated common-use baggage handling system and checked baggage-screening system;
- Programme-wide seismic upgrades.
Temporary facilities will be constructed to keep 10 aircraft gates in operation during the redevelopment of boarding area B. Following the opening of boarding area B, the interior of boarding area C will be remodeled. The facilities provided under the programme will be built in accordance with LEED Gold standards. The terminal 1 redevelopment programme is scheduled to begin this summer with final programme completion by 2023.[more - original PR]