PAL releases details of spin off/outsourcing programme
Philippine Airlines released (01-Sep-2011) information on its spin off/outsourcing programme. The spin off/outsourcing process includes:
- Issuance of 'Notices of Separation' to affected employees. Their last day of work with PAL is on 30-Sep-2011;
- Third party service providers will absorb all affected employees who signify intention to join them by 09-Sep-2011;
- Separation pay and other benefits shall be given no later than 15-Oct-2011 after computing employees' salary and accountabilities as of 30-Sep-2011;
- Full implementation of the programme will commence on 01-Oct-2011;
- PAL management notified the regional offices of DOLE (Manila/Pasay and Cebu) regarding its spin off/outsourcing program, the effectivity date as well as a list of affected workers.
SkyLogistics Philippines, Inc will take over airport services (ground handling), while SkyKitchen Philippines, Inc will handle in-flight catering services. SPi Global will handle call centre reservations operations.
Affected PAL workers by the spin off/outsourcing will receive a transition package, which includes:
- 125% of the employee's monthly basic salary for every year of service;
- USD2,400 (PHP100,000) gratuity pay;
- 100% commutable-to-cash accrued vacation and sick leaves;
- trip pass benefits depending on years of service;
- guaranteed salary for one year, of whatever salary is given by the service provider to workers who accept the employment offer of the service provider; and
- medical and hospitalisation benefit for one year for those who will join the third party service providers. [more]