- Passenger numbers: 6.6 million, +7.6% year-on-year;
- Cargo volume: 74,302 tonnes, -4.2%;
- Aircraft movements: 56,868, +3.3%;
- Passenger numbers: 67.2 million, +5.0%;
- Cargo volume: 886,955 tonnes, -1.4%;
- Aircraft movements: 646,580, +2.3%. [more - original PR]
The airport operator reported (05-Feb-2013) the LCCT handled 19.3 million passengers in Dec-2012. Also in Dec-2012, foreign airlines recorded the highest growth by 10.1% followed by AirAsia Group’s 9.6% growth. AirAsia’s market share increased to 47.1%, by another 2% from 2011. Malaysia Airlines (MAS) Group registered a 2.3% decline in passenger movements though on a standalone basis MAS posted a 2.7% growth. Firefly’s termination of jet services and cancellation of routes in late 2011 and early 2012 brought significant loss in passenger numbers for MAS group in 2012. Looking ahead, MAHB expects passenger performance for 2013 to be better. Assuming a GDP in the range of 4.5%-5.5%, it is estimated that MAHB airports passengers would grow by 7.1% in 2013. Aircraft growth is expected to register a higher growth in view of higher capacity expected to be offered by airlines. Cargo is expected to remain at 2012 level as latest monthly trends has not indicated any positive development for cargo.