Lufthansa Group passenger numbers up 6.2% - consolidated* traffic highlights in Oct-2010:
- Passenger numbers: 8.5 million, +6.2% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 81.3%, +0.6 ppt;
- Lufthansa Passenger Airlines: 80.9%, +0.4 ppt;
- SWISS: 86.5%, +0.3 ppt;
- Austrian Airlines: 80.2%, +2.1 ppts;
- bmi: 72.6%, -0.1 ppt;
- Cargo volume: +18.3%;
- Lufthansa cargo: +18.6%. [more]
*Lufthansa commenced reporting bmi traffic from Jul-2009 and Austrian Airlines traffic from Sep-2009.
Lufthansa: “For additional capacities of 5.5%, sales grew by a total of 6.4%. Compared with last year, the passenger load factor improved by 0.6 percentage points to 81.3 per cent. The pricing environment remained positive. Again, all traffic regions contributed to the strong sales growth,” Source: Company statement, 09-Nov-2010.