- Passenger volume: 59.1 million, +4.5% year-on-year;
- Domestic: 43.1 million, +4.1%;
- International: 15.9 million, +5.5%;
- Air cargo tonnage: 1.9 million tons, +15.8%;
- Air mail tonnage: 74,034 tons, +15.5%;
- Freight: 1.9 million tons, +15.8%;
- Aircraft movements: 575,835, +5.6%. [more]
Los Angeles World Airports: “LAX is experiencing increased passenger and cargo volumes due to continued improvement in the global economy, further assisted by added service on existing routes from several domestic and international airlines, as well as by new airlines to new destinations, including Alitalia to Rome and All Nippon Airways to Tokyo-Haneda. Our statistics show that upward movement in traffic continues to be the norm,” Gina Marie Lindsey, executive director. Source: Company Statement, 25-Jan-2011.