London Gatwick Airport pax up 2%, cargo up 17% in Oct-2012
- Passenger numbers: 3.0 million, +2.1%;
- UK and Channel Islands: 344,300, +2.4%;
- Ireland: 110,200, +8.8%;
- European scheduled: 1.7 million, +5.5%;
- European charter: 293,800, -17.8%;
- North Atlantic: 164,300, -0.7%;
- Other long-haul: 394,900, +11.2%;
- Cargo volume: 8750 tonnes, +17.3%;
- Aircraft movements: 21,097, -0.7%. [more - original PR]
The airport also reported (14-Nov-2012) new long-haul carriers increasing London’s connectivity to key business growth markets in Beijing, Seoul and Vietnam contributed over 39,000 passengers of the Oct-2012 traffic increase.
London Gatwick Airport: “Economic conditions remain challenging but we are competing hard to make progress through a sustained focus on providing the best passenger experience. Growth has continued into October with 2.1% more passengers choosing to fly from Gatwick compared with last October," Nick Dunn, CFO. Source: Company statement, 14-Nov-2012.