Korea Airports Corporation (KAC) reportedly plans to invest KRW524.3 billion (USD480.2 million) by 2025 to expand and enhance Cheongju Airport, including the following projects (Hankyung, 05-Dec-2017):
- Construction of new carpark facility in 2018;
- Establishment of an emergency access control centre;
- Runway repairs and resurfacing;
- Extend runway from 2744m to 3200m to accommodate larger aircraft required for long haul international services;
- Construction of new access roads;
- Passenger terminal expansion works;
- Construction of international passenger terminal in three phases.