13-Jan-2016 12:19 PM

Jeju Air becomes first Korean LCC to transport 30m accumulated pax

Jeju Air announced (11-Jan-2016) it transported its 30 millionth accumulated passenger on 11-Jan-2016, becoming the first South Korean LCC to achieve the milestone. Launching operations in Jun-2006, the carrier achieved its 10 millionth passenger milestone in May-2012 followed by its 20 millionth passenger in Jul-2014. Domestic passengers account for 68.4% of total passengers at 20.5 million with international passengers making up the remaining 31.6% at 9.5 million. Passengers on its Japan routes had the highest number of passengers among its international traffic, accounting for 13.2% at 3.96 million, and is followed by Southeast Asia at 10.4% with 3.1 million passengers, China (including Taiwan, Hong Kong) at 5.0% with 1.5 million passengers and Guam/Saipan at 3.0% with 910,000 passengers. [more - original PR - Korean]

Want More News Like This?

CAPA Membership provides access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find Out More