IATA released (07-May-2013) its Mar/Apr-2013 Airlines financial monitor with the following preliminary financial highlights for three months ended 31-Mar-2013:
- Operating profit (loss): USD696 million, -3.2% year-on-year;
- Net profit (loss): (USD590 million), compared to a loss of USD172 million;
- North America: (USD582 million), compared to a loss of USD265 million in p-c-p;
- Asia Pacific: USD21 million, -87.6%;
- Europe: (USD42 million), compared to a loss of USD80 million in p-c-p;
- Others: USD13 million, +225%. [more - original PR]
IATA: "Initial financial results for Q1 show solid performance by US airlines, helping the overall industry maintain operating results similar to those of a year ago. But performance is not positive across all regions. The small sample of 17 airlines indicates losses for European airlines, but to a lesser degree than in the year ago period, and significant decline from a year ago for Asia-Pacific airlines.” Source: Company statement, 07-May-2013.