Hamburg Airport profit down 21% in 2012, expects challenging year in 2013
- Revenue: EUR251.5 million, -0.7% year-on-year;
- Profit: EUR39.0 million, -20.7%;
- Passenger numbers: 13.7 million, +1.0%;
- Cargo volume: 64,439 tonnes, -4.7%;
- Aircraft movements: 152,890, -3.3%. [more - original PR]
Hamburg Airport: “We are facing the difficult conditions imposed by the political and economic environment with a great deal of commitment and energy. The Aviation Tax is damaging Germany’s aviation industry, and the weak European economy is putting
the brakes on development. But I am also seeing positive signals: the airlines are further expanding the variety in our route network. Variety means that passengers have a wide choice of routes, different airlines and fare and service concepts," Michael Eggenschwiler, CEO. Source: Company statement, 09-Apr-2013.