Frankfurt Airport announces 12% increase in Dec-2011 pax, cargo down
- Passenger numbers: 56.4 million, +6.5% year-on-year;
- Cargo volume: 2.2 million tonnes, -2.8%;
- Aircraft movements: 487,162, +4.9%.
- Passenger numbers: 4.2 million, +12.1%;
- Cargo volume: 174,375 tonnes, -5.4%;
- Aircraft movements: 38,326, +12.3%.
Frankfurt Airport: “The inauguration of Frankfurt’s new runway had a very positive effect on traffic development and showed how important this capacity investment is for the positive further development of this economic hub,”..."After the extraordinary gains of 2010, the airfreight sector has increasingly felt the impact of the slowdown in the global economy during the course of last year. executive board chairman, Stefan Schulte. Company statement: 13-Jan-2012. [more]