- Passenger numbers: 4.7 million, +16.0%;
- Cargo volume: 194,992 tonnes, +6.3%;
- Aircraft movements: 27,428, +5.1%;
- Six months ended 30-Jun-2012:
- Passenger numbers: 27.9 million, +13.7%;
- Cargo volume: 1.1 million tonnes, +2.2%;
- Aircraft movements: 170,249, +6.8%. [more - original PR]
The airport reported the top destinations by passenger numbers included India, Saudi Arabia, the UK, Pakistan and the US. Meanwhile, the AGCC continued to top the list of regions with the largest increase in total passenger numbers (+180,397 passengers), followed by Western Europe (+124,690), and the Indian subcontinent (+82,543). Jun-2012 was the first time in close to a year that Middle Eastern routes registered positive growth (+24,785 passengers). South America has remained the strongest market in terms of percentage passenger growth (+140.9%) as a result of new Emirates services to Rio de Janeiro and Buenos Aires, followed by Russia and CIS (+54.4%), and Australasia (+26.3%).
Dubai Airports: “We are on track to meet the annual projected traffic of 56.5 million passengers, which will bring us very close to Dubai International’s operational capacity of 60 million passengers per annum,” Paul Griffiths, CEO. Source: Company statement, 30-Jul-2012.