Copenhagen Airport reports 4% fall in international traffic in Oct-2009
- Passenger numbers: 1.8 million, -2.7% year-on-year;
- Domestic: 194,718, +9.1%;
- International: 1.6 million, -4.0%;
- Aircraft movements: 21,142, -8.4%;
- Domestic: 3,466, -2.1%;
- International: 17,676, -9.6. [more]
Copenhagen Airport: “The 2.7% drop in passenger numbers made Oct-2009 the best month so far this year for Copenhagen Airport. However, the moderate decline should be seen in light of the fact that it was in Oct-2008 the consequences of the global financial crisis really began to feed through to passenger numbers. When this is taken into account, performance in October of this year was more or less on a level with the previous four months, which was in line with our expectations,” Carsten Nørland, VP, Sales, Copenhagen Airports. Source: Company statement, 11-Nov-2009.