CFM logs USD15bn in new orders and commitments for 660 engines at Paris Air Show
CFM International announced (20-Jun-2013) it logged orders and commitments at the 2013 Paris Air Show for 660 new engines (468 LEAP engines & 192 CFM56 engines) at a combined value of USD15 billion at list price. CFM International is a 50:50 joint company between Snecma (Safran group) and GE. 2013 orders to date now stand at 1654, including installed, military, and spare engines.
- AirAsia: 64 LEAP-1A-powered A320neos;
- TUI Travel: 60 LEAP-1B-powered 737 MAX aircraft;
- Turkish Airlines: 50 LEAP-1B-powered 737 MAX aircraft:
- CIT Group: 30 LEAP-1B-powered 737 MAX aircraft;
- International Lease Finance Corporation: 20 A320neos;
- BOC Aviation: 10 LEAP-1A-powered A320neo aircraft, CFM56-5B and CFM56-7B engines to power A320 and 737NGs;
- AirAsia: 36 CFM56-5B-powered A320ceos;
- LATAM: 30 CFM56-5B-powered A320/A321ceos;
- Turkish Airlines: 20 CFM56-7B-powered 737NGs;
- BOC Aviation: 10 CFM56-5B-powered A320ceos;
- Hainan Airlines: 15-year 'Rate Per Flight Hour' agreement for 42 CFM56-5B engines.
Not included in the total value noted above are two previously announced orders finalised at the show: