Cathay Pacific pax up 18.4% in Sep-2010
Cathay Pacific reports (14-Oct-2010) the following traffic highlights in Sep-2010:
- Passenger numbers: 2.2 million, +18.4% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +15.2%;
- Passenger load factor: 81.8%, +1.6 ppts;
- Cargo volume: 146,152 tonnes, +9.6%;
- Cargo load factor: 69.8%, -4.6 ppts. [more]
Cathay Pacific: "Our passenger traffic remained robust as we moved from the summer holiday season into what is traditionally the period when premium demand picks up. High load factors were seen across the system in September and demand in our economy cabins held firm. Premium volumes and quality grew strongly against 2009 but still lagged 2008, although this gap will begin to close in the months ahead as the negative impact of the financial crisis on premium demand began to bite hard from late September 2008," Cathay Pacific General Manager Revenue Management Tom Owen. Source: Company statement, 14-Oct-2010.