- Passenger numbers: 2.4 million, +10.6% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +11.7%;
- Passenger load factor: 79.4%, +2.5ppts;
- Cargo volume: 144,140 tonnes, -10.7%;
- Cargo load factor: 68.3%, -2.7ppts;
- Number of flights: 5643, +6.2%;
- Three months ended 31-Mar-2012:
- Passenger numbers: 7.0 million, +9.0%;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +8.8%;
- Passenger load factor: 78.8%, +0.2 ppt;
- Cargo volume: 378,270 tonnes, -10.5%;
- Cargo load factor: 64.8%, -4.2 ppts.
Cathay Pacific: "The big issue at the moment is the accelerating yield decline in both the Economy and premium cabins, resulting from a combination of the continuing economic uncertainty and competitive pressure," James Tong, General Manager Revenue Management. Source: Cathay Pacific, 16-Apr-2012.
Cathay Pacific: "The general market for airfreight remains soft, particularly into Europe. There is poor visibility looking forward and little sign of any sustained pick-up in demand. We expect business to be weaker in April and we will continue to reduce capacity as necessary," James Woodrow, General Manager Cargo Sales & Marketing. Source: Cathay Pacific, 16-Apr-2012.