Cathay Pacific reports (16-Jul-2012) the following traffic highlights in Jun-2012:
- Passenger numbers: 2.4 million, +6.4% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +5.3%;
- Passenger load factor: 82.9%, +1.4 ppts;
- Cargo volume: 127,698 tonnes, -5.4%;
- Cargo load factor: 65.7%, -1.3 ppts;
- Flights: 5574, +7.2%. [more – original PR]
Cathay Pacific: “Our flights were busy in June in the build-up to the summer peak season. Passenger volumes rose above the increase in capacity, which shows that the demand is there, but we continued to see yield coming under pressure in all cabins last month. Demand remains particularly robust within the region and to North America, though we expect most routes to show high load factors over the summer peak,” James Tong, GM revenue management. Source: Company statement, 16-Jul-2012.